On March 2nd, we lost Kadambari to a road accident. The driver of a city transport corporation bus was overtaking 3 vehicles and was so far over on the wrong side of the road that he rammed head-on into her car. As we grieve for her, we also know that she is just a statistic: more than 140,000 people lose their lives on India’s roads every year. Something has to change.
Not-A-Statistic campaign is about trying to bring about that change. It is about accountability, about changing the way the authorities deal with reckless driving, it is also about changing the way we drive, so that there is not another statistic.
Media Coverage on Not-A-Statistic Campaign
- Kin take up baton from champion of pedestrians
- Accident victim’s family begins online campaign for safe roads
- Not a statistic: Accident victim’s kin takes fight online
- The future of road safety in India
- Transparent Chennai to conduct lecture series in honour of Kadambari Badami