Ever wonder like how your life (or certain actions that you do) will be if you had an Original Soundtrack, a background score of sorts? Have you ever imagined a certain score playing behind you while doing something, say putting together something to surprise someone or working towards a deadline or when you are enjoying the first rainfall of the season or when you are running to catch a bus/train or when you are waiting for your results/an important call or even when you are just existing?
Music always makes me “feel rite and light” and being the daydreamer that I am, I like playing a score/a song in my mind (not humming, mind you) when i am doing something. There are a lot of songs/OSTs that are a constant presence, maybe due to a particular memory , however there are a few of them that have grabbed my attention from the first time I have heard it. This is my OST, not in any particular order:
- Full moon, from Twilight – When i am going on a long drive, or even when i am in an introspective mood – the way the chords, the instrumental pieces and the chorus come into play, just perfect.
- Hairat, from Anjaana Anjaani, the best song for Road Trips or when you are stepping big time on the gas.
- New York Nagaram from Sillunu Oru Kaadhal, Desert Rose by Sting,Malare from Premam, Aethu Kari Ravilum, Bangalore Days, my back from home on the bus/train songs.
- Keep your wig on, from Mansfield Park, Miss Mystic Falls, from The Vampire Diaries, interludes from Vaanam Mella, from NEP- When i feel like dancing with Guru or even by myself – usually when i am cooking 🙂
- Nenjam Ellam, Ayutha Ezhuthu, Ale Ale, Boys, Kaadhal Sadugudu, Alaipayuthey, Malare from Premam, when i am in a particularly romantic and mischievous mood :-p
- Me Shaayar to Nahin, Bobby, the song I sang @ our wedding
- One Way Ticket, Boney M, Thank you for the Music, Abba, reminiscing my childhood esp with my dad
- Pani Thuli, Kanda Naal Mudhal, this was the song in my mind when i found out that Vishruth has sprung a surprise on us 🙂
- Pothi Vecha, Manvaasanai and Thanga Changili, Thooral Ninnu Pochu, fond memories with my mom
- Antakshari, from MPK, fun times with cousins
- Then Paandi Chemaiyile, Nayagan when i am feeling really down or when the kids are crying after i am stern with them 😦
- Oru theivam thantha, Kannathil Muthamittal, when i am extremely thankful for such lovely children 🙂
- Sara Sara Saara Kaathu, from Vaagai Sooda Vaa, Thendral Vandhu, from Avathaaram, Andhi Mazhai from Raajapaarvai, when there is a chill in the air or when you smell the earth (manvaasanai) just before it rains or when you are marching in puddles after it rains or crush dried leaves in Fall (yes, i do it all the time).
- Masakali, Ik Junoon, just when i am feeling light and good
- Adada Mazhai, Paiyaa, when my boys dance with me
- Skyfall theme song by Adele, The World is Not Enough theme by Garbage and Golden Eye by Tina Turner (yup, all of them from James Bond) – when i feel like i am doing something mysterious (hehe) or adventurous or even slightly crazy (like doing foot-board on a bus or jumping from the bus when it is moving, yes there is a story behind this, but for an another post 🙂
There are other songs as well but these are my favorite ones when i feel like having a background score….Sooooo what’s yours?
I’ve always thought my soundtracks do pretty good, because they’re basically professional equivalents of a mix tape I’d make for you at home~ Quentin Tarantino